Dental Health Arlington (DHA) is a nonprofit organization, which opened its doors in 1993 to provide access to care for low-income residents of southeast Tarrant County, Texas. Our mission is to provide preventive and pain relieving services to low income residents as well as to educate children about good oral hygiene habits. Each year DHA provides free and low-cost dental care for approximately 2,500 people of all ages in our clinic. SMILES school-based prevention program helps 8,000 disadvantaged elementary school children in Arlington, Mansfield and Fort Worth who might otherwise have gone without care.
-Dental Health Arlington’s clinic sees people of all ages who are economically disadvantaged.
-There is no residency restriction.
-Those who can prove they live in Arlington and are on a government assistance program can receive lower cost services due to a special grant from the City of Arlington.
-All other services cost approximately one-third of regular dental prices.
Each time you come to an appointment you must bring:
- Proof of income (check stub, food stamps, Section 8 Housing, Medicaid or CHIP card, income tax return)
- Proof of where you live (Utility bill or rent receipt)
First visit is $25 for adults or $15 for children up to 20 years of age
To make an appointment:
- New patient appointments are taken on the third Friday of every other month.
- Call 817-277-1165 to make the appointment. No walk up appointments taken. Call early as appointments fill quickly.
- If you are having pain, you may come in any day there is a dentist. Arrive at 8:00 AM and bring the items listed above. There is no guaranteed you will be seen, but DHA will make every effort to work you in between patients. Only the pain issue will be treated at this visit.
- Exams and x-rays
- Full dentures and partials
- Very limited access to Oral Surgery such as removal of wisdom teeth
- Extremely limited root canals and crowns